" It is new, indeed for I made it last night in a dream of strange cities: and dreams are older than brooding Tyre, or the
contemplative Sphinx, or garden-girdled Babylon" The Call of Cthulhu

Saturday, October 5, 2019

New Eldritch Tomes

I have been waiting for this collection of Caitlin R. Kiernan's mythos tales from Subterranean Press for quite some time. As I noted in an earlier post, she provides a lovely reminiscence concerning her first experience with the works of H.P. Lovecraft in the introduction.

Lovecraft and I
Oh, where to start. 
"I’ll begin here, with the day I first encountered H. P. Lovecraft. Oddly,  I found him in Trussville, Alabama on a yellow school bus. I was seventeen years old."



I have to admit I have always been iffy on Lee Brown Coye's cover for the (1965) Arkham House edition of Dagon & Other Macabre Tales until now. Now after reading Kiernan's introduction, I treasure it. And I will be reading "Dagon" again with new eyes as well.




And how could I resist. The contents are listed at the following link.



No comments:

Post a Comment