" It is new, indeed for I made it last night in a dream of strange cities: and dreams are older than brooding Tyre, or the
contemplative Sphinx, or garden-girdled Babylon" The Call of Cthulhu

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

New Eldritch Tomes - Robert Bloch - Ray Bradbury,


Any one who has watched me fritter away my patromony (actually, it is my pension) here on HPL: Beyond the Wall of Sleep, will know I have a fondness for 1960's horror paperbacks, but only if the stars align and the covers are just right. Nicey done, not too garish or bloody. Since I covered a story by Bloch in my last post I looked around to see what I could find. Sadly none of these covers are attributed. 

I really loved the graphics on Yours, Truly Jack the Ripper, the same vender had a neat joint Bloch, Bradbury anthology. The Small Assasin, is designated on ISFDB as Ace UK, but the book listed The New English Library Limited on the title page, lovely isn't it.  I was also taken with how Bloch and Bradbury's most well known works Psycho and The Illustrated Man are trumpeted on the covers. I am always on the look out for Digit Digest science fiction, and there was Search the Sky, a Kornbluth, Pohl collaboration which Doug and I often discuss during our weekly lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment