" It is new, indeed for I made it last night in a dream of strange cities: and dreams are older than brooding Tyre, or the
contemplative Sphinx, or garden-girdled Babylon" The Call of Cthulhu

Thursday, February 20, 2020

NewNew Eldritch Tomes, Richard Powers, Robert Bloch, Fritz Leiber

Anyone who has followed my blogs will know that science fiction and weird tale/horror illustration is an area of real interest to me. I also love the slim horror anthologies and collections that appeared in the 1950's/1960's/1970's. So I could not resist these especially as Bloch and Leiber were part of Lovecraft's circle and fine writers in their own right. I have not been able to identify the cover artist of The Living Demons, isn't it lovely. But the rest are by Richard Powers, in a class by himself yet again. I have provided links below to other posts featuring Powers covers. I also enjoy seeing the advertisements on the back with other titles I might look for. I would love to know which is your favourite cover. Please enjoy. 

  


    
    





Not a new arrival but when I saw Invisible Men included both Basil Davenport as editor and Richard Powers as cover artists I had to include it. 

  

Pervious links to Powers Covers.

https://dunwichhorrors.blogspot.com/2016/04/horror-anthologies-and-art-of-richard.html

https://dunwichhorrors.blogspot.com/2016/05/horror-anthologies-art-of-richard.html

https://dunwichhorrors.blogspot.com/2016/05/horror-anthologies-art-of-richard.html

No comments:

Post a Comment