" It is new, indeed for I made it last night in a dream of strange cities: and dreams are older than brooding Tyre, or the
contemplative Sphinx, or garden-girdled Babylon" The Call of Cthulhu

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Fast fashion, H.P.L. and me

 

I was visiting, as I often do The Online Journal of Caitlín R. Kiernan.


I noticed my heroine was wearing a really cool t-shirt, and well I had to have my own. Need you ask why? 

Once over at teepublic I had to at least see what else else they had. And my two search terms, as always were Lovecraft and Godzilla. I know but its gotten me to my mid 60's so why change now. I already have a plethoria of Godzilla, okay one HPL and four Godzilla so tempting as some of the Godzilla themed items were I went with Howard this time. One Vblogger we watch to relax does warn of the perils of fast fashion. I my own defence, my dad passed away in 2001 and I still have a couple of his shirts so I cling to clothing like a limpet. Most of my cabin clothing is from Value Village and the real gems end up in my closet here. Some stuff also heads to the charity drop boxes so I do try. But well how could I resist. This is not an endorsement, find your own road to financial ruin.

And remember when updating your investment portfolio, casting a vote or 
simply Marie Kondoing your outfits.

“Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming. 

Why settle for the lesser of two evils?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment